Temporary Residence Permit
It is an authorization valid for a one-year period to be counted from the date of issue, and is renewable for periods successive of two years.
General conditions for granting:
- – Possession of a valid residence visa, granted for one of the purposes provided in this law for the granting of a residence permit
- – Absence of any fact which, if known to the competent authorities, would impede the granting of the Visa
- – Presence in Portuguese territory, Possession of means of subsistence and Accommodation
- – Enrollment in social security, whenever applicable
- – Absence of conviction for a crime that in Portugal punishable by deprivation of liberty for more than one year
- – Is not in the period of prohibition of entry into national territory, following a measure of removal from the country
- – No indication in the Schengen Information System;
- – Absence of indication in the Integrated Information System of SEF for the purposes of non-admission, under the terms of the Law.
One of the following investments must be made in Portugal, as an individual or a company, in order to apply for the Golden Visa:
- – Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than €۱٫۰۰۰٫۰۰۰ (one million Euros).
The money may be applied on the incorporation of a Portuguese company (including those incorporated at the Madeira International Business Center) or any type of financial asset, from a Bank deposit to investing in Portuguese bonds and shares.
If the investor chooses to incorporate a company with a capital share of €۱٫۰۰۰٫۰۰۰ (one million Euros), the company investments can be done outside Portugal.
- – €۵۰۰,۰۰۰ investment in units of a fund that invests in the share capital of small or medium sized businesses which have approved business recovery plans.
- – Creation of at least 10 jobs.
- – Real Estate investment: D.1) €۳۵۰,۰۰۰ in more than thirty years old properties or properties located in urban renovation areas identified by the Portuguese Municipalities that have a renovation building construction program; D.2) €۵۰۰,۰۰۰ in any other type of real property
- – €۳۵۰٫۰۰۰ in scientific research that is conducted by institutions that are part of the national scientific and technological system
- – €۲۵۰,۰۰۰ by investing in the artistic production or the recovery or maintenance of the national cultural heritage that is conducted by accredited institutions.
What is a GOLDEN VISA?
Under certain conditions, the need for residence visas for foreign nationals wishing to relocate to Portugal will be waived.
People who meet the criteria will have the right to live and work in Portugal providing they stay in Portugal for at least 7 days in the first year and 14 days a year thereafter.
After 5 years, eligible candidates can apply for Portuguese citizenship.
Family members will be able to join the Golden Visa holder.
The Golden Visa holder will be able to travel freely within the Schengen Area.
To obtain an individual quotation of our services tailor-made according to your requirements please contact us